Written by Ava Isabella | November 18, 2020
Commercial galleries are run by individuals or companies, so there are no black and white rules for display. However, there are some basic steps you can take to ensure that you meet your requirements.
Before contacting the gallery, it’s helpful to remember that the art gallery curator/owner’s time is the most valuable asset. Like most commercial gallery curator/owners, they are also responsible for selling the artwork. I don’t have time to crawl the artist’s website and find the artist’s image I’m sending. In fact, you can receive a confirmation email by sending only the link to the website when it was sent to the art gallery Dubai.
With the following steps, you can apply to the art gallery in Dubai knowing that you have a complete application for the art gallery curator/owner without wasting time.
1. Make sure you have a clear picture of your work. Not blurry, preferably no flash. It is recommended to shoot in a straight state so that a distorted image does not appear. Some artists take pictures by placing their work on an easel or balancing it on a wall.
2. Edit the photo so that there are no easels or walls in the background. Make it look available in the art gallery in dubai catalog. Make sure you have a smaller version and a larger version of the image. The reason there are two versions is that it’s easier to email the smaller version to a potential gallery. However, they may require larger, higher resolution images so that their work can be presented for promotional purposes on their websites, magazines, and newspapers.
3. Find out who to send your work to. The easiest way to do this is to check the gallery website. Most galleries have sections that explain the submission process and contact information to the gallery. If they don’t have a complete website, call them, and find out who and how to submit your work for consideration.
4. If you need to submit a portfolio of your work in the gallery. Take a moment with them and bring a copy of their artist CV and a selection of their work you want to exhibit.
5. If the gallery accepts the email, send 3-4 images of the work based on a similar theme. We will also send you a resume of the artist resume. This easily highlights the award-winning awards, some of the major locations on display, hometowns, and other upcoming exhibits. Some moths. The most important thing is to include your phone number. Then they can call you with any questions they may have.
If you haven’t heard from us after a week, make sure you’ve received the email over the phone. In this way, you can verify that the email has been read and, if not received, request that you resend your work to your email address.
For online artists, hearing the recommendation to refrain from work may seem paradoxical. Internet artists often reproduce and display the entire work. In essence, it devalues its value by violating the laws of supply and demand by preparing it for a casual viewing, known as “shopping” of the work.
How can artists benefit from applying the benefits of the internet to the successful business practices of traditional galleries? Let’s take a look at the sales structure of a traditional gallery.
In the preview, in the internal gallery, only the guests will be presented with previously unseen works to collectors selected in the gallery. The work is marked as sold but is left for viewing. Aspects of human nature want not only what cannot be had, but also correspond to the relationship between supply and demand.
Israel A. Kirzner In other words, the almost universally accepted theory of supply and offer shapes production and consumption, which is not only the skeleton but the body of the economic system that determines the survival of artists in the market. It is also blood.
Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts. Stay updated from your inbox!