Charcoal is a form of carbon that can be applied topically and taken orally to resolve health and beauty issues. it helps control blood pressure, minimize cholesterol levels, prevent wrinkles, and combat acne.
In terms of skincare, charcoal is widely used in the form of activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, for its ability to act as a magnet that sucks out all the impurities, excess oil, and dead skin stuck on the surface.
The use of Charcoal Mask came into popular demand because of its natural and safe exfoliation prowess. The mask helps extract stubborn blackheads and whiteheads beneath the skin’s surface and inside the pores.
Here are 7 more reasons why this nature’s boon is the yin to our skin’s yang:-
- Detoxifies Blood: Activated charcoal can absorb toxins and chemicals in the bloodstream. Infiltration of these allergen attacks helps restore the body’s natural stability and functioning in terms of tissue repair, skin regeneration, healthy hormone production, etc. It also helps combat the risk of bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- Fights Acne: The use of a charcoal mask helps in attracting, absorbing, and detoxifying skin from acne-causing bacteria that interfere with the skin’s natural process, thereby minimizing infection and quick recovery from acne inflammations. It also helps cleanse the skin of oily buildup that clog pores, reducing chances for impromptu breakouts.
- Improves Complexion: The one way to lose pigmented skin is to slowly clear away dead to reveal new and natural-toned skin underneath. In addition to fighting acne, a charcoal mask also helps fade acne blemishes & UV-induced pigmentation.
How To Apply Charcoal Mask –
Take a generous amount of the mask and apply it on your face, avoiding the under eyes and lip area. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Apply a moisturizer after face wash.
Tip: If you have dry skin, you can apply the mask by adding food-grade gelatin or glycerin to the mix.
1. Balances Oily Skin: Charcoal is one of the hottest ingredients for skincare for oily skin. Such skin types are more prone to acne due to excessive sebum production. Charcoal helps maintain a natural balance by drawing out excess oil, which also incidentally helps acne heal faster so that it doesn’t leave a mark.
2. Rids hair of Toxins: Pollution and dust can settle inside the hair and go unnoticed until irritation occurs. Charcoal mask for hair cleanses and detoxifies the scalp by clearing dead skin, excess oil, and other dirt.
How To Apply – Open the hair follicles by placing a warm towel over the hair. After 5-10 minutes, apply a generous amount of charcoal mask on the scalp, and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off under lukewarm water and apply a conditioner to avoid dehydration.
3. Treats Dark Armpits: Armpits tend to get dark due to sun exposure, dead skin, and excess oil. A charcoal mask will help exfoliate the skin and lighten it over time.
How To Apply – Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon honey with 2 tablespoons of an already prepared charcoal mask. Apply the mask on clean and dry underarms, elbows & knees. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Minimizes Pore Size: Charcoal clears pores and makes skin firmer and smoother. It also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles by tightening the skin with the help of a mask.
Charcoal Mask from brands like Mamaearth is perfect for all skin types, and all their products are free of silicones, parabens, SLS, mineral oil & toxins. Mamaearth C3 Face Mask is formulated with activated the three powerful toxin magnet KCB (Kaolin Clay, Activated Charcoal & Bentonite Clay) and Coffee to brighten & tighten skin, reduce acne, get rid of extra oil, and restore glowing skin.