What is Terry Fator Net Worth and How Did He Earn It?
Terry Fator is a name that many people associate with ventriloquism, comedy, and music. He is one of the most successful and popular entertainers in the world, with a residency at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas since 2009. But how did he achieve such fame and fortune? What is Terry Fator net worth and how did he earn it?
In this article, we will explore the life and career of Terry Fator, from his humble beginnings in Dallas, Texas, to his breakthrough performance on America’s Got Talent, to his current status as a multimillionaire. We will also look at some of the secrets behind his amazing skills and talents, and how he uses them to create unforgettable shows for his fans. If you are curious about Terry Fator net worth and how he earned it, read on and find out more.
Table of Contents
Birth, Family and Education
Terry Fator, a well-known performer skilled in ventriloquism, impressions, comedy, and singing, was born on June 10, 1965 in Dallas, Texas. As a child, his parents Jephtha Wesley Fator and Edith Marie Fator split up. He has two brothers named Jephtha Jr. and Richard, as well as a sister named Deborah.
Fator pursued studies in music and theater at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. He finished his degree in 1988 and decided to become an entertainer. He was part of different bands and also did solo shows, where he mixed comedy with ventriloquism and singing.
Terry Fator learned ventriloquism and impersonation as a kid, after reading a book by Paul Winchell called Ventriloquism for Fun and Profit.Terry Fator began his career as a performer in 1987-88, when he received his first puppet from Sears. He initially sang with a band called “Freedom Jam,” which was produced by Young American Showcase.
The band toured extensively, playing over 200 shows at high schools and middle schools across the United States and Canada, typically performing three shows per day on average. Fator also entertained audiences at school and church events during this time. His career journey was mired with challenges.
He performed in a theater with 1,000 seats, but only one person came to watch his show. He had a hard time finding places and people who liked his special mix of singing and ventriloquism. Many agents and club owners turned him down because they thought his act was old-fashioned or not amusing. He faced money problems and personal issues, such as divorce, bankruptcy, and sadness. He even thought about quitting his dream of being an entertainer.
Terry Fator did not let these challenges stop him from pursuing his passion and talent. He kept practicing and enhancing his skills, and finally won America’s Got Talent in 2007, which made his career and fame soar.
He later became part of different bands and also performed alone, where he combined comedy, ventriloquism, and singing. He became famous when he won America’s Got Talent in 2007, getting a $1 million prize and a deal to do shows in Las Vegas. He has been doing shows at various places in Las Vegas since 2009, making millions of dollars every year. He is one of the best-paid comedians in the world.
Terry Fator TV Shows and Movies
Terry Fator has been in many TV shows and movies, mostly playing himself or a performer. Some of the TV shows and movies he has been in are:
- In 2023, the television program “America’s Got Talent: All-Stars” will feature past champions, runner-ups, and audience favorites from previous seasons of both “America’s Got Talent” and other iterations of the “Got Talent” franchise. Among the contestants will be Terry Fator, who won the second season of “America’s Got Talent” in 2007.
- The Ghost and Molly McGee (2021), an animated TV series that tells the stories of a happy girl and a grumpy ghost. Terry Fator did the voice of a character called Mr. Nibbles in one episode.
- Nick Cannon (2021), a talk show hosted by Nick Cannon that features music, comedy, games, and celebrity interviews. Terry Fator was a guest on one episode.
- Reza Rifts (2021 Podcast Series), a podcast series hosted by Keith Reza and Alan Lee that interviews celebrities about their secrets of success. Terry Fator was one of the interviewees.
- Ok! TV (2013-), a news and talk show that covers entertainment, lifestyle, and pop culture. Terry Fator has been featured on several episodes.
- Dumbstruck (2010), a documentary film that follows the lives of five ventriloquists, including Terry Fator. The film shows their struggles and triumphs in the world of ventriloquism.
Terry Fator Net Worth and Assets
Terry Fator net worth is $160 million as of November 2023, he is one of the wealthiest comedians in the world. The majority of his earnings came from his successful career as a vocalist, comedian, mimic, and ventriloquist. He won America’s Got Talent in 2007, which earned him a $1 million prize and a deal to do shows in Las Vegas.
He owns some valuable assets, such as:
- A luxurious 2-acre mansion in Las Vegas, which he put up for sale for $4.5 million in July 2021. The house has 7,515 square feet of living space, four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a media room, a guest house, three fireplaces, and a three-car garage.
- A 2013 Tesla Model S, which he said was the best car he ever had.
- A set of 15 different puppets that he uses in his show, each with its own voice and personality. Some of his famous puppets are Winston the Impersonating Turtle, Walter T. Airedale, Emma Taylor, and Johnny Vegas.
Terry Fator Personal Life
He eloped with his first wife, Melinda Fator, in 1991. They worked together at a show in Reno, Nevada. They had a daughter named Kiley Fator, who is also an artist. They ended their marriage in 2010.
He married his second wife, Taylor Makakoa, in 2010. He proposed to her on stage. She was his assistant and stage partner in his Las Vegas show. They separated in 2015.
He met his current wife, Angie Fiore, at a charity event in Texas in 2015. He married her the same year. She is a chef and caterer who works in Las Vegas.
Terry Fator Social Media
His YouTube channel @officialterryfator has 87.2 K subscribers. His Facebook profile @Terry Fator has a massive following of 786K. His TikTok channel @terryfator has 204.7K followers and 888.1K likes. He also has his website where one can contact him for bookings and you can see all about his updates.
Terry Fator is a remarkable entertainer who has achieved success and fame with his ventriloquism, impressions, comedy, and singing. He has overcome many challenges and obstacles in his life and career, and has never given up on his passion and talent. He has won America’s Got Talent, performed in Las Vegas, and appeared in TV shows and movies. He has also earned a fortune from his entertainment career. Terry Fator net worth is estimated to be around $160 million as of 2023. He serves as a source of inspiration for numerous aspiring ventriloquists and comedians.
December 6, 2023