November 2019 Update Changes in Australia’s Immigration Point System
A recent change has been made by the Australia Migration department. The point system has been revised and new visa subclasses have been introduced in the regional areas. This is in view of attracting skilled, regionals workers to boost their thriving economy. The changes cut across the skilled program, employer-sponsored visa and family visa. Royal Migration Dubai encourages candidates from far and wide to optimize this opportunity. Australia immigration point system encompasses additional points that will help boost the chances of getting Australia PR.
Changes made to the Australia immigration point system
‘These changes will be put into action from Nov 16, 1029. The extra points are a bonus for applicants who are eligible and meet up with the requirements.’ Royal Migration Solutions says.
- 15 points for applicants nominated by a state or territory government.
- 15 points for applicants sponsored by a family residing in the regional area of Australia.
- 10 points for applicants having a skilled spouse or de-facto partner.
- 10 points for applicants without a spouse or de facto partner.
- 10 points for applicants who have some (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics qualifications.
- 5 points for applicants having a spouse or de facto partner who is competent in English.
Updated Australia immigration rules
The Australia immigration legal framework encompasses 2 new visas programs for designated regional areas. They are as follows:
Introduction of Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa
- The current subclass 489 visa is removed and is substituted with a Subclass 491 visa.
- An enhanced point test is put in place for the regional area.
- The candidate should either be introduced by the state or territorial government or sponsored by a family residing in the regions of Australia.
- The applicant should be under 45 years of age and have a positive skill assessment.
Introduction of Subclass 494.Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
- Subclass 187 has been removed to be substituted with subclass 494. Except for some transitional provisions.
- An updated Employer-Sponsored Visa is under two main streams- Employer Sponsored and Labour Agreement.
- Employer-sponsored stream requires applicants to be under 45 years of age having a positive skill assessment with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the relevant field.
Introduction of a new subclass 191- (Permanent Resident (Skilled Regional) visa
- The application will be opened from November 19, 2022.
- It is only restricted to subclass 491 and subclass 494 visa holders who have meet minimum taxable requirements and complied with the visa conditions.
Other changes in the new immigration rule 2019
New Parent Visa
- The new parent visa (temporary) allows bringing in parents of citizens or Australian residents and it commences from 17th, April 2019.
- Two parents are allowed to be sponsored at a time and the sponsors must not have any outstanding debts either with commonwealth or public health.
- The sponsored parent applications received will be reviewed by the Australian government.
Royal Migration Solutions encourages Applicants with a good educational background, experience in relevant fields, and those having families who are citizens or residents to avail of the benefits of this new point system. Moreover, changes are being made in the world of immigration every time and Australian immigration rules can never be predicted. If you are confused about how to go about it, it is advisable to seek the help of professionals who are highly knowledgeable with a lot of experience in the field. For advice, opinions or more information, contact Royal Migration Dubai. Also, check out Royal Migration Reviews to see what their clients have to say.
November 14, 2019