Steps To Start a Blog : Ultimate Guide
The world of blogging can be rewarding yet challenging at the same time. How best can one put in their creativity, uniqueness, values and skills to good use if not blogging. Plus, you get to position yourself as an expert in your field, build an online community and even make some bucks while at it.
If you are ready to kick-start your journey as a blogger or want to start a blog and you don’t know where to start, this article is for you. Knowing where to start and how to go about it can be intimidating. We have been there and we understand that starting anything including blogging can look like a hard nut to crack. And over the years, we have evolved, made mistakes, learned and understood what it takes to run a successful blog. That is why we have put together this easy guide to get you started. We have been building blogs and websites over the years and with thousands of visitors and a community of like-minded people, we can proudly say we have positioned ourselves as an authority in this field. Hence, if you are looking for a place to help you start sharing your writing to the world, Articles Hubspot welcomes you. Whether you just want to share your personal experiences or write a variety of topics that pick your fancy, this is an article submission site and you can simply submit your content here. Ready to take the leap into successful blogging? This article has got you covered!
Let’s Know the Steps to Start A Blog
Step 1: Pick a Niche
What exactly are you going to be blogging about? What’s the main content and what will your readers know you for? When it comes to blogging, there are no limits to topics you can write from. From traveling to food to technology, there are thousands to millions of topics to choose. The point is you can’t just cover all the topics in the whole wide world except if you have what it takes like the CNN or BBC. That is why you need to identify your area of interest and the topics you want to cover. This will be the main focus and the driving force of your blogs. For this:
- Write on topics you are passionate about. That is the topic you are most interested in. This is what makes the difference between an enjoyable blogging and a boring one.
- Write about your life experiences. There isn’t anyone that doesn’t have experiences in life that they might like to share for others to learn or connect with. Yours might be a traveling experience. For you, it might be some traumatic experience, losing a dear one, dealing with life- threatening illness and many more. It can also be money management, investment or how you handle work-life balance. Whatever it is, everyone has a story to tell about the goings in their lives.
- Share your knowledge, skills, experiences with others. Whether you know to cook, develop and design websites, a fighter, yoga instructor, simply share your knowledge.
- Consider niches that are profitable. Although money might not be your priority when you first get started. However, what if it turns out your hobby or your passion is what is now putting money into your pocket? Hence, consider niches that you can easily grow your audience, put in add and affiliate links for monetisation.
Step 2: Have A Blog Name
Coming up with a blog name is just as important as writing the blog itself. Your name is your identity and it is the first thing people come across when they see or read your blog posts. How can you come up with a name that will truly portray your blog?
- Use a name that portrays your niche and what you are really into. Someone that is into cooking can have “kitchen”, “meals”, “food” or any other thing included with their name.
- Think about your audience and their personality. If your audience is young, vibrant, then pick a name that resonates with them. If yours is professional and formal, go with that.
- If your blog is to promote your business, then it’s better to stick with the business or brand name.
- Get inspiration for names from your competitors, media, books, films and any other things in your niche.
- Play it safe and simply use your personal name especially if you will be discussing different topics or personal experiences.
Step 3: Get Your Blog Into The Internet World
The next thing is to get your blog online. This means you need:
- A blogging platform ( a software that allows you to create, manage and publish content on the internet).
- Web hosting service ( an internet hosting service that allows you to create and maintain a site in order to make it accessible on the World Wide Web). They are called web hosts and these companies store your information and deliver it to the user when they type in your blog name or content.
Steps 4: Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
It’s time to smash that amazing price of content. For this to happen:
- Your first post can be an attractive introductory post that lets your audience in on who you are, what the blog is about and what to expect.
- Create a high quality content that your audience will love.
- Originality is important if you don’t want to be called out for plagiarism.
- Make your content engaging and useful for readers.
- Write a catchy title that will lure the audience to read the blog.
- Proofread and correct any mistakes before publishing.
- And don’t just stop at the first content, be consistent. This is the key to a successful blogging.
Step 5: Promote Your Blog
It’s not enough to create engaging, high quality content. You need an audience to read and engage with it. This is where promotion comes in.
- Tell your friends, families, coworkers about your blogs and encourage them to read, like, comments and share.
- Posts the links to your blogs on your social media platforms for your followers to see.
- Engage with your audience and reply to comments.
- Use SEO to make your blogs rank at the top on Google’s search engine. Perform keyword research and smartly include them in the blog.
Step 6: Start Making Money
It’s time to be rewarded for your labour. Some of the easiest way you can make money from blogging is:
- Displaying ads on your sites. Once it is clicked by visitors, you get paid.
- Selling your own products or services or creating and selling membership plans.
- Recommending other businesses products or services to your audience through affiliate marketing.
This guide will surely help you to create an awesome path in blogging. Happy blogging!
October 7, 2022